1.上午她要帮丈夫跑腿。
Her mornings were spent running errands for herhusband.
run:履行,完成 errand:差事 run errands for:为…跑腿,办事
2.晚上她要洗刷、辅导功课。
Her evenings were spent washing dishes and helping with homework.
3.而她的下午,是在男人们的陪伴中度过的
But her afternoons, well, they were spent in the company of men.
in the company of在......的陪伴下
4.没有人知道你这个小嗜好吧?
Nobody knows about your little hobby, do they?
5.像这样的秘密很难保守吧
Is it hard keeping a secret like this?
6.如果只是我一个人的秘密 也许很难。不过在我看来
Well, maybe if it was just my secret ,but the way I see it,
7.我在为每个来找我的人保守秘密
I keep the secrets of every man who comes to me.
8.这还挺刺激的
And I find that absolutely exhilarating.
exhilarating: 令人喜欢的、令人愉快的
9.我们不得不退出乡村俱乐部
We had to give up our membership at the country club.
membership: 成员资格、会员资格
10.我就告诉她我们没钱去了
I told her that we couldn't afford it any more.
11 .她摆摆手表示不在意可她看我的那种眼神充满了 怜悯。
She waved it off like it was nothing,but I saw her get that look in her eye,that look of... pity.
wave off: 挥手(表示不在意) wave: 挥手示意
12.说不定她是想安慰你
Maybe she was just trying to be nice.
13.不管怎么说 怜悯别人就那么糟糕吗
Anyway, is that so bad, feeling sorry for someone?
feel sorry for:为……感到遗憾
14.明白你的意思了。
Gotcha =I(have)got you, 相当于I understand you的意思。字面意思是抓到你了,引申意思就是“明白你的意思了”
I got it. 我明白了, 懂了。
Got it. 我明白了, 懂了。
当别人给你说一个事实或者指出你的问题,你轻松, 俏皮地想表达“我知道了, 我懂了”就可以说:Gotcha,比如,
There's a spelling mistake in this sentence. 这个句子里有个拼写错误。
Gotcha. 懂了。
15.这女人的丈夫也成了我的常客之一
This woman's husband became one of my regulars.
regular: 【口】常客、老顾客
16.你能乖乖从后门走吗
Oh, would you be a lamb and go out the back?
lamb: 羔羊、小乖乖;像羊羔般温顺的人
17.-我的下个客户来了
- That's my next appointment.